In general preservative-free formulations are more expensive so limit to cases where
- previously known sensitivity to eye drop preservatives such as benzalkonium chloride
- severe symptoms require eye drops to be applied more than six times a day > 4 weeks
- if soft contact lenses worn
- or on the advice of a specialist
For patients who find administration of eye drops difficult we recommend prescription of these devices. See Opticare website for details.
- Opticare (for 2.5, 5, 10, 15 & 20ml bottles) £4.95
- Opticare Arthro 5 (for 2.5 & 5ml bottles) £4.95
- Opticare Arthro 10 (for 10, 15, 20ml bottles) £4.95
Suggest recording date of opening and expiry inside lid of box.
|11.1– Allergic and inflammatory eye conditions|
|11.2 – Dry eye conditions|
|11.3 – Eye infections|
|11.4 – Eye procedures|
|11.5 – Glaucoma and ocular hypertension|